Benefits for the end-consumer
Through regular reporting to FIFA and more demanding requirements, Preferred Producers prove to FIFA that they are committed to quality. Therefore the benefit to the end-consumer is that the FIFA Preferred Producers:
- take full responsibility for the entire installation process;
- have in-house capacities for civil engineering and maintenance;
- are obliged to provide the end user with additional information about the product and the installation procedure.
What are the requirements for a FIFA Preferred Producer?
The requirements for a FIFA Preferred Producer are divided into eligibility criteria and application criteria. Only if the applicant fulfils both criteria it can become a FIFA Preferred Producer.
- Applicant must have been a basic licensee of the FIFA Quality Programme for a minimum of two (2) years.
- Applicant must have a minimum of ten (10) FIFA-certified pitch installations at the time the application is made.
- Applicant must comply with the Code of Conduct of the WFSGI and provide a pledge.
- Applicant must confirm that the company has not had a legal dispute or commenced legal proceedings in the past two years with FIFA or a member association of FIFA
- List of all full-size artificial turf fields (according to the Laws of the Game) installed in the past 12 months
- Details of any distributors, sales partners, affiliates, individuals or anyone legally representing the applicant
- List and details of all production facilities
- Full details of the civil engineer employed by the company including contract, CV and related qualifications (certificates)
- Full details including CV and contract of the person(s) employed to oversee maintenance and technical after-care of all installations
The application period to become a FIFA Preferred Producer is open every two years. The next application period is scheduled for 2015.